Monday, February 27, 2012

Chicken Sausage Pasta

Last night I made a pasta dish with homemade tomato sauce and chicken apple sausage. It turned out really yummy!

First I chopped up a huge organic tomato and warmed up some olive oil ( I accidentally picked up the wrong oil. It didn't have a USDA organic seal, so remember you have to be very careful when reading labels. The olive oil subsequentially is the only NON organic ingredient in my pasta. You of course should pick the right one.) I added roasted garlic, mini bell peppers, and a half cup of water and let it simmer for 10 minutes. I then added fresh basil and let the sauce simmer for about 20 more minutes. While the sauce was a simmerin' I started water to boil my fussili pasta in. I then chopped up the smart chicken and apple sausage. Once the water boiled I added the pasta and then started to brown my sausage in a skillet. 10 minutes later my sausage was browned to perfection and my pasta was done. I shredded a little raw sharp cheddar cheese to add on top and there you go: dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Did you know there is also a Calaveras olive orchard that makes their own oil? They do tours too!

    ReplyDelete