Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Vote for a Long Healthy Life

I believe we are still a nation that is for the people, by the people. What it comes down to is consumerism. What you buy (or don't buy) is your vote. My personal vote is for things that occur naturally in our world. I vote against chemical infested food and drugs.

We all have our vices. I gave up smoking cigarettes for my New Year's resolution and it was hard but I concluded that life is too short to make it shorter. I also realized there was no point in caring about my food so much if I couldn't give up something the government actually tells us causes cancer. My next "sacrifice" will be my iphone. My husband and I are trying to keep cell phone use to a minimum. Afterall, there is mounting proof that cell phones cause cancer. In fact San Francisco is implementing a law that "requires cell phone retailers to display and distribute a state-produced fact sheet that explains radio frequency emissions from cell phones and how consumers can minimize their exposure". Of course the Big Cell Phone lobbyists are now suing the city of San Francisco. The corporations with the most money will continue to sell dangerous products. Just because it is on the shelf doesn't mean it can't hurt you. Simply we can't trust our government because of the lobbying that occurs. The fact of the matter is I love life's little pleasures but I love LIFE more.

The government tells us it's our fault for getting addicted to prescription pills (although most doctors don't even go through the list of side effects first), it's our fault for getting fat (even though they continue to sell things such as high fructose corn syrup), and it's our fault for getting sick (we all know how the health care system is in this country - expensive and ass backwards). When did we start relying on the government to point us in the right direction? We should be relying on family and friends who actually have our best interests at heart. They will continue to sell us things that make us sick as long as we keep buying them.

I especially refuse to put any of my hard earned cash into Monsanto's pockets. I don't like corporations who think they can play God, He doesn't need any help...in fact I'm pretty sure He knew what he was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment