Saturday, February 25, 2012

Our health starts with the soil up...

We live in a world today where we have to be constantly careful. Sometimes I don't know who to trust. I never questioned anything in my life as much as I have the last few months. There are moments when it really feels quite hopeless. I know though there is something more powerful than any of these corporate giants and that power is love. If you must lie, steal, cheat, or enslave people to make your money then I am not envious of you. I am starting to realize that most people only care about one thing: money. Isn't it funny how that green stuff really makes the world go round? Something that you can't even take with you to the grave, can actually take precedence over a living, breathing person's life.

Example number one: Americans are not healthy.

The US of A is home to the largest percentage of obese people. Part of the problem is the food industry's idea of "diet food" which is usually processed crap, but a larger part of the problem is that even when you do eat fruits or veggies you are getting a large dose of chemicals with it. Not only that but studies have found that organic produce is jam-packed with more nutrient dense calories than that of conventional (chemical) fruits and veggies. And yet the stuff that is worse for you is less expensive and mass-produced. Processed food is a huge problem. It's packed full of man-made laboratory experiments aka my new favorite thing to research - GMOs (genetically modified organisms). Biotechnology has taken over agriculture. Out with the farmers and in with the government telling us how to grow our food supply. Food comes from the Earth and not from a lab in my opinion but the government says it's the same and requires no labelling. Am I really to believe this? Or am I to believe the blatant evidence that the same people run the USDA, FDA, and EPA that have worked for the BIOTECH giant Monsanto. The government has their hands so deep in Monsanto's pocket that all morality has gone out the window. Other countries require the labelling of GMOs so why is America always the last to know? Kind of like how high-fructose corn syrup is banned in Europe but still as prevalent as ever in our country. Tell me another reason why this is happening besides for the plain fact that somebody got greedy?

Example 2: Medications that do more harm than good.

Why does the FDA continue to approve drugs without proper testing? It could only be one thing - you got it - MONEY. My way of thinking is that no innocent person should die so that someone else could live. Even if one little lab rat had an adverse reaction, I'd say nope not good enough yet! But for some reason there's a rush...why when most pharmaceuticals have more side effects than curing abilities? Most drugs on the market cover up a problem instead of getting to the bottom of it and fixing you inside out. It's pretty obvious to me that it starts with healthy eating, exercising, and sunshine but most doctors don't even really bring that up. I had a doc offer me Xanax when I was 20 years old when I wasn't even anxious! Lets face it, it's not hard to attain prescription pills...I have to assume that it's because the dr gets money for selling certain prescriptions. More people die from prescription drugs than illegal drugs every year and that to me is a problem. Why is it the APPROVED drugs are hurting us so much? They are also finding that antidepressants not only cause suicides but they can also cause homicidal tendencies. Isn't that the main thing you are trying to avoid when taking an antidepressant? Even worse doctors are prescribing drugs for children more and more. I believe they are making us sick so we have no choice but to buy their drugs that don't work!

These are two areas I have been doing a lot of research on and would appreciate anyone else' s feedback or opinions. I want to know what I am eating. I don't want to eat something that adequate testing has not been done on. Monsanto even says on their site "if you don't want to eat GMOs, then you need to eat USDA certified organic". Well, fine I'll do just that and I will start my own garden, too! I encourage YOU to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment