Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dinner and a Garden

It has been one week since I planted my little seeds and I am happy to say that a couple have germinated. I hope the others will follow suit soon. Of course winter decided to arrive the day after I planted my babies. With the changing season came sunny weather. Almost as if Winter needed to get one final and most ultimate storm out of the way...now Spring has come and the weather is warm and the sun is shining. We'll see if Winter tries to come back through again. I think the last frost is still to come. But anyway, my Nevada Lettuce and Marketmore Cucumbers have sprouted and it makes me giddy! Gardening is so much fun, as is cooking from scratch. Currently I am in the process of letting pizza dough rise for pizza dinner. I am going to put together a caprese style pizza and a veggie deluxe. My dough has a mix of both whole wheat and unbleached flour and flax seed (my new favorite source of omega 3's). For both I am marinating pizza sauce all day. Tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and basil. The first pizza will have heirloom tomatoes, extra basil, jack cheese, parmesan, and grilled chicken. The second will be zuchinni, red bell pepper, and scallions. Paired with a cold glass of organic hard cider. This is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment