Sunday, March 4, 2012

Meatless!

Tonight Travis made us southwestern vegan chili! Three types of beans, non-GMO corn, bell peppers, jalapeno, and onion. I made the corn bread (with added flaxseed -- Omega 3s!). Of course it wasn't vegan anymore after I added sour cream and raw cheddar cheese, but still vegetarian! I think we will have to make meat more of a rarity than we are used to and that's because we just don't have access to organic meats. I can buy smart chicken breasts/sausage and organic bacon at the natural store. I also have been buying grass fed beef from Outer Aisle but they were closed when Trav got there yesterday and today. We get sick of chicken at every meal (plus it can get expensive). So until I get my 1/2 cow and pig (which I hope to be going in on with some friends) we will continue to think up more vegetarian meals. It's hard to change your perception of what a meal should entail...but I'm realizing it's okay to leave the meat out sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment