Friday, March 2, 2012

Organic Choc Chip Cookies

Yesterday I made some amazing cookies. In fact I think I ate about 20 of 'em and still can't stop...

2 sticks of softened (not in microwave preferably) organic butter
1/2 cup organic unrefined sugar
1 cup organic brown sugar
2 organic eggs
1 squirt organic agave syrup
1/2 cup organic flaxseed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 and 1/2 cups organic unbleached white flour
1 big organic dark chocolate bar

I first preheated the oven to 375. I then used a hand mixer and started on the butter first. I added everything but the flour and chocolate in. Then I added the flour a little at a time. I used a mallet to break the chocolate bar into a million pieces (some chunky, some powdery). I added the chocolate last, folding it in. I did small spoonful drop cookies and baked for 10 minutes. They turned out just how I like, cake-like and fluffy!

5 comments:

  1. Did you grind up the flaxseed first or put it in whole? They sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flaxseed I have is ground already I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. :) I'd bought a bunch of organic bulk whole seeds when they were on sale. Which, if you ever need to ground up some seeds/oats/grains for any reason, I just use a coffee grinder. Works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy my flax unground too...it's way cheaper that way and you get much more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have anything to grind it with but I should get a coffee grinder! Trav drinks it and I've been sticking to tea but I got an organic coffee and yerba mate blend...mmm

    ReplyDelete